Why Lutheran Education?
International Students: Click Here
“Bring up your child in the training (“paideia” means education) and instruction of the Lord.“
- Lutheran Schools are loving, caring and safe.
- Lutheran Schools are thoroughly Christ-centered, evangelical, and Bible-based… committed to planting and nurturing a Christian worldview in students’ lives, lifestyles, and hearts.
- Lutheran Schools pursue and offer excellence and quality.
Stable, Large, Experienced, Successful
- The Lutheran School system reaches over 288,000 students nationwide.
- The Lutheran School system is the larges Protestant school system in the United Sates. There are over 2,526 preschools, elementary schools, high schools, colleges, universities, and seminaries that make up LCMS schools nationwide.
- The Lutheran School system operates 130 high schools across the nation.
- The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod operates 10 high quality liberal arts universities across the nation Concordia University-Irvine is in our backyard! These universities prepare students not just for making a living, but more importantly, for “making a life” that makes a difference for Christ. All of our universities have highly respected teacher education and certification programs to resource the Lutheran schools across the nation and world.
- Lutheran school students test 23% higher than the national average on standard achievement tests.
- Average SAT/ACT test scores of students attending Lutheran high schools are well above the national average. Students in Lutheran schools at every grade level, and especially in middle school and high school, have more developmental assets than students in public schools, according to Search Institute.
Christ-centered and Mission-Minded
- Since our schools are “mission outposts”, sharing the love of Christ is central to everything we do and say. Our faith is integrated across the curriculum. As a result, many children are baptized, and many families join congregations and become active in the life of the church.
The Pacific Southwest District (PSD), Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod is one of 35 districts that make up the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in the United States. The PSD serves schools in and congregations in Arizona, the southern half of California, and Clark County, Nevada.
Nationally there are over 191,000 children attending 2,068 Lutheran Schools, Preschool through High School. The Pacific Southwest District has 107 Early Childhood Centers, 50 Elementary Schools, and 9 High Schools…serving over 21,000 children! Enjoy testimonials from PSD parents:
Here is a little more about Hephatha: